Create a chart (graph) comparing camera lenses I own

Copper Contributor

Hi!

I've never done any graphing in Excel and I'm trying to figure out how to do this.  I'm attaching a sample chart from a website that compiles all available lenses for one sensor format.  I would like to create a similar chart for the lenses I own but I want to do this across three different sensor formats.  The reference for the comparison is the standard full-frame sensor and each of the three formats I use can be simply converted to the reference format.  The parameters used for comparison are focal length and aperture.  Apertures remain constant regardless the format and only the focal length needs to be adjusted and this can be done by applying a factor that is standard for each of the formats. For example, lenses in the Sony APS-C format are equivalent in focal length to the reference format by applying a factor of 1.5.

I can't figure out how to set up the Excel sheet to create a chart for "prime" lenses (those with a fixed focal length and aperture) let alone how to do "zoom" lenses (those with a range of focal length and aperture).  I would also like to be able to apply a different color for each format.

Thanks for any help!

0 Replies