SOLVED

COUNTIF

Copper Contributor

I need to count the number of strategic risks(Column D) whose residual risk rating is low, medium, high and extreme (column U). Which formula should I use? 

9 Replies

@DorisN 

Count how often a value occurs

Suppose you want to find out how many times particular text or a number value occurs in a range of cells. For example: Click on the upper Link.

Additional Infos:

COUNTIF function

COUNTIFS function

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

NikolinoDE

Was the answer useful? Mark them as helpful!

This will help all forum participants.

Hi, I have still not been able to find what I want, this is the formula I have used =COUNT(IF((D26:D208="Strategic")*(T26:T208="Extreme"),U26:U208)).
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

Would this do?
= "Low:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Low") & CHAR(10)&"Medium:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Medium") & CHAR(10)&"High:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"High") &CHAR(10)&"Extreme:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Extreme")

Edit: my Excel version uses a semicolon as seperator.

Am not sure this will do as it seems like one long formula. I need to find out how many strategic risks are low, how many strategic risks are medium, how many strategic risks are high and how many strategic risks are extreme.

@DorisN  that's what is does.

EdjeZ_0-1632292156347.png

There a total of 51 strategic risks. The formula seems to have an error on my end.
In the Excel example in this thread there are only 5 strategic risks, which matches the formula result. How may rows does your current sheet have?
Oh, am sorry for that. My sheet has 208 rows
This formula has worked. =COUNTIFS(D4:D16, "Strategic", T4:T16, "High")
Thank you
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by allyreckerman (Microsoft)
Solution

Would this do?
= "Low:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Low") & CHAR(10)&"Medium:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Medium") & CHAR(10)&"High:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"High") &CHAR(10)&"Extreme:" & COUNTIFS(D2:D208;"Strategic";T2:T208;"Extreme")

Edit: my Excel version uses a semicolon as seperator.

View solution in original post