SOLVED

=COUNTIF($F7:$CQ7, "V")

Copper Contributor

Excel has a template for tracking vacation and sick time. However, it goes by days and not hours. The formula listed above is the formula for Vacation. So I put a "V" in the date box, taking off 8 hours.  The problem being we can take our vacations in any increments we want. Someone help me before but only let me do 4/8  but it kept telling me my circular reference was off.  I am honest here I do not know much about creating formulas. I can work with them if I have a reference. I am trying to create this for myself to keep better track.

If I am asking too much or not in the right place I apologize.

Maggie

7 Replies

@Maggie1953 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Tech Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

@Maggie1953 

Could you attach a copy of the workbook (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

thank you
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Maggie1953 

See the attached version.

If you take up 6 hours of vacation on a day, enter v6.

If you take up 3 hours of personal time on a day, enter p3.

If the entire day is a sick day, enter s8.

This required only minimal changes instead of a major restructuring of the worksheets. I hope you can work with this.

Thank you ever so much. I truly appreciate you.
Just wanted to say I notice it says you are from the Netherlands. I am going to Scotland this year...

@Maggie1953 

I hope you enjoy Scotland. It has gorgeous landscapes and a fascinating history.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

@Maggie1953 

See the attached version.

If you take up 6 hours of vacation on a day, enter v6.

If you take up 3 hours of personal time on a day, enter p3.

If the entire day is a sick day, enter s8.

This required only minimal changes instead of a major restructuring of the worksheets. I hope you can work with this.

View solution in original post