SOLVED

COUNT IF FORMULA

Copper Contributor

Hello, I am trying to create a formula that could separate our credit cards incomes from the cash ones.

In the excel file I put the price that the customer is paying, and the payment method.

Apart from the daily total, I'd like to know if it's possible to separate them directly with the COUNT IF formula, so that by putting only the price, it automatically goes under the cash or credit card total.

So basically, I am looking for a formula that automatically divides the totals depending on the payment type. As per now I could make the COUNT IF "credit card" but then I'd need also to put the range of the prices, if not it's going to count only the number of cells.

Hope I explained my problem well, if not, please ask for any clarification.

Thank you and have a nice day.

StepScoot_0-1626453828597.png

StepScoot_0-1626454418218.png

5 Replies

@StepScoot 

A picture does not help me personally, since i am not very fluent in the language either, want not to talk about the automatic translation :).

With your confidence, I recommend that you insert a file without sensitive data.

At the same time knowing the Excel version and the operating system would be an advantage.

Benefit for everyone, for you to get a quick and accurate answer and for the helpers to save time and also to help other users.

Here you will find some rules of the forum, quickly listed. It's worth taking a look.

Welcome to your Excel discussion space!

Thank you for your patience and understanding

NikolinoDE

@NikolinoDEExcel 2003 at the moment with windows 10.

I also added the example file for you to check better.

best response confirmed by StepScoot (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@StepScoot 

Here is an example added to your file.

Example in K19 & K20.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Great. it worked perfectly!! Thank you very much!
I am happy to have helped you.
I also wish you have fun with excel.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by StepScoot (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@StepScoot 

Here is an example added to your file.

Example in K19 & K20.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

View solution in original post