Correct Function? Want to VLOOKUP an equation in a cell for fertilizer calculator

Copper Contributor

Hello, hope all is well!

I am creating a fertilizer calculator in excel.  I am searching for a function or technique to help me do the following:

I want to be able to VLOOKUP (or another function) specific equations (cells E19-E35; example in D13) unique to various soil types (cells A19-A35), and have another function that will input soil pH values (either cells K, L, M17-35) specific to certain crops (cells J17-35) in place of "X" in the equation. 

The overall equation looks something like this:  
Fertilizer amount= Function (pH of crop) - Function (pH measured), where the Function is the equations from E19-E35 (D13 example: [LN(X-7.7)/(-0.85)]/(-0.98)

jhsilva808_2-1588211177443.png

I appreciate any help or advice one can offer.  Thank you and take care!

1 Reply

Hi @jhsilva808 

I couldnn't follow your explanation, it appears some information needs to be better clarified.

You wanted formula in cells E19 to E35 that will relate with the soil types? What do you plan to use as the driver for this formula e.g. Is there a specific characteristic of each soil type that is in a table and you need the records relating to this specific information?

Also for the soil pH values, how do you determine which pH value is for which soil type?

I suggest you reformat the data, so it aligns with the relationship among the inputs.