SOLVED

copying worksheet

Copper Contributor

I used to be able to right click on a tab and select copy and it would duplicate the exact same information onto a new tab.  Now I'm unable to do it - what 

8 Replies

@sbates421 

Hi, Sandra. Please try the following:

right-click on the tab that you want to copy,

choose "Move or Copy,"

put a checkmark on "create a copy,"

click OK.

If the option to copy is greyed out, maybe your workbook is Protected to avoid changes in the structure of the workbook. You can check that by going to the tab "Review" on the top ribbon and verifying if the button "Protect Workbook" is highlighted, or going to the tab "File" and checking the information there.

These instructions are based on Excel in Office 365. Other versions may require different steps.

Hello,

Kindly close the workbook and reopen and try to duplicate the sheet tab.
best response confirmed by sbates421 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sbates421 

Please check File->Info of your workbook, sheets and workbook structure are protected. To unprotect click on

image.png

and enter password with which the workbook was protected

image.png

thank you, but it did not work - Sergei Baklin's response worked.

@Sergei Baklan 

I've tried the Review>Unprotect doc with no results. I then tried your technique of going to File>Info>Unprotect... still didn't work, even after I saved it, closed it, and reopened it. Any other thoughts? 

@1441engraving 

If only structure is protected it shall work. Same from this menu

image.png

If workbook is encrypted with password protection, when Save As and here in Tools, General options remove password before saving

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

Thanks for your answer. That's exactly what I was looking for.

There's one problem. I don't know the password because the person who made this document doesn't work at my office anymore.

Do you know how to fix this?

@X-el_1972 

Nope, the only way I know is to find that person and ask him/her password.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by sbates421 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@sbates421 

Please check File->Info of your workbook, sheets and workbook structure are protected. To unprotect click on

image.png

and enter password with which the workbook was protected

image.png

View solution in original post