SOLVED

Copy/Paste Places text not formulas

Copper Contributor

Hello, I'm so sorry but my version of Excel (16.57 Mac) will not copy and paste the formulas. No matter what I try to do, only the text gets pasted with CTRL-V. What am I doing wrong? Is there a preference that must be turned on for this to work? Here is a screenshot of my paste special options, there is only paste text only available to me. Thank you in advance for any help.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 9.26.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 9.44.30 AM.png

6 Replies

@Rick_Adams Can you show what you are copying?

Good afternoon, you only show us the paste option but not the paste special option. Normally, in the paste special you have the paste formulas item. Also verify the cells where you paste are not defined as Text (Format cells > Number : category Text)
Regards

@Riny_van_Eekelen Hello and thank you for your reply. I am trying to copy the underlying table in the original screenshot, here it is again. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 10.05.01 AM.png

Hello and thank you for your reply. The second screenshot in the original post I thought was the paste special options and in there I only have two options; Unicode text and text. I am trying to copy from one sheet to a second sheet. I am following a training exercise, so there is nothing special going on here. I am trying to copy A1:E5 from sheet 1 to Sheet 2 and I only paste text with CTRL-V. The formulas cannot be pasted and there are no "paste special" options available.

@Rick_Adams Don't know. On a Mac myself. When I copy an entire table and select the Paste button, I get all the Paste options. And when I choose Paste Special I get this:

Riny_van_Eekelen_0-1643556129714.png

best response confirmed by Rick_Adams (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you, everyone, for your replies.

I have solved my issue. For anyone else that might come across this post, here is the solution.

If you have Copy 'em installed, this clipboard manager interferes with the copy/paste function in Excel.

In Copy 'em preferences, choose "Ignore Applications..." and add Excel.

This fixed my problem and I can now copy/paste as expected.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rick_Adams (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Thank you, everyone, for your replies.

I have solved my issue. For anyone else that might come across this post, here is the solution.

If you have Copy 'em installed, this clipboard manager interferes with the copy/paste function in Excel.

In Copy 'em preferences, choose "Ignore Applications..." and add Excel.

This fixed my problem and I can now copy/paste as expected.

View solution in original post