Copy only what I see in a cell after formating

Occasional Visitor

How do I copy and paste special so that what I paste is only the view from the copied cell? I am trying to do a mail merge with data from Excel and the merge pulls the number as 22.09635 instead of just 22.10.

2 Replies

@Hilk3 

In the links you will find additional information that will help you.

Move or copy cells and cell contents

Use Cut, Copy, and Paste to move or copy cell contents. Or copy specific contents or attributes from the cells. For example, copy the resulting value of a formula without copying the formula, or copy only the formula.

When you move or copy a cell, Excel moves or copies the cell, including formulas and their resulting values, cell formats, and comments.

Paste options

By default when you copy (or cut) and paste in Excel, everything in the source cell or range—data, formatting, formulas, validation, comments—is pasted to the destination cell(s). This is what happens when you press CTRL+V to paste. Since that might not be what you want, you have many other paste options, depending on what you copy.

For example, you might want to paste the contents of a cell, but not its formatting. Or maybe you want to transpose the pasted data from rows to columns. Or, you might need to paste the result of a formula instead of the formula itself.

I would be happy to know if I could help.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

* Kindly Mark and Vote any reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.