Copy information from one sheet to another with JSON file while retaing formatting

Occasional Visitor

Background Information: My company creates an Excel quote form for our customers in which the first six worksheets comprise the final quote, but there are many other worksheets in the workbook that we dump information into first and then move them to the first six pages. We have our own EXE files and multiple JSON files to make this work.

O/S= Windows 10, Microsoft Office Professional 2019, Excel 2019 Version 2111

Issue: One of the JSON files is dedicated to the moving of the information from worksheet to worksheet. The only issue that I haven't been able to resolve is that the cell formatting is not retained when the information is copied from the source page to the destination page.

I cannot always format the destination cells as information is being copied from multiple "Source" worksheets to the same "Destination" worksheet (one after the other with the destination rows being the next row after where the previous copied information ends). In these cases I have no idea what row on the destination page that the information from source pages 2, 3, and 4 are going to end up on. Here is an example from our JSON file (where "Action": 2 = Copy Information from worksheet to worksheet)

"CopySection2Items": {
"Action": 2,
"Source": {
"WorkSheet": "Sheet21",
"Row": 3,
"Col": 1,
"RowsUsed": 1,
"CopyCols": 8
},
"Dest": {
"WorkSheet": "Sheet1",
"Row": 3,
"Col": 1,
"RowsUsed": 1,
"CopyCols": 8
}
},

Is there any way to specify within a JSON cell to copy the cell formatting in an Excel worksheet?

0 Replies