Copy excel Worksheet content to a table in new Word do (header issues)

Copper Contributor

Hi - bit of a long one, apologies I'm super stuck: 

I have a summary page of an excel toolkit, with a button that then copies this summary to MS Word doc. . There is content/paragraph from some cells and then a table in the word doc from the rest of the worksheets content. I wanted the table's rows to not carry over to the next word pages and to have the table headings at the top of each new page, this is to keep it neat with the row's content on one page. This all works fine. 

My problem is is that making sure the table headings appear at the start of each new page when the table is, the table headings now appear at the top of EVERY page, rather than just where the table is. What I would like (if possible) is the table headings to only appear on the pages where the table exists, and not on the first few pages where it doesn't (it doesn't look right that there the table headings above the first paragraph). I hope that makes sense. Code below: 

Sub CopyWorksheetsToWord()
Dim wdApp As Object, wdDoc As Object, ws As Worksheet
Const wdOrientLandscape = 1
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Application.StatusBar = "Creating new document..."
Set wdApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add
Set ws = Sheets("4. SUMMARY")
Application.StatusBar = "Copying data from " & ws.Name & "..."
With wdDoc
Range("B1:G4").Copy
.Range.Characters.last.Paste
Range("B8:G45").Copy
.Range.Characters.last.Paste
.Tables(1).Rows(2).headingFormat = True
End With
With wdDoc.PageSetup
.Orientation = wdOrientLandscape
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.7)
End With

Set ws = Nothing
Application.StatusBar = "Cleaning up..."
With wdApp.ActiveWindow
If .View.SplitSpecial = wdPaneNone Then
Else
.View.Type = wdNormalView
End If
End With
Set wdDoc = Nothing
wdApp.Visible = True

Set wdApp = Nothing
Application.StatusBar = False
End Sub

In a perfect world I need the following:

1) cell B1 to go in the word doc's header

2) copy to word cell range B3:G4 WITHOUT table header starting at new page (this is the first paragraph)

3) copy to word cell range B8:G25  WITHOUT table header starting at new page (2nd paragraph) 

3) copy cell range B27:G45 (the content that goes into table) WITH table header starting at every new page with the table. The table header's reference is B2. 

I hope that's clear and makes sense, its a tricky one (for me anyway!) and any help would be much appreciated. Im sure its something simple but I'm struggling. Many thanks. 

0 Replies