Copy down but maintain the gap

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have a list of daily results in sheet 1 DATA and then a weekly total then week 2 and weekly total and so on.

In sheet 2 SUMMARY I want to have in the first row the weekly total for week 1 then in the second row the weekly total of week 2 (that is 8 cells down in the DATA sheet) and so on.

How can I autofill the pattern of selecting every 8th row from the DATA sheet please?

In the actual DATA sheet, there are many daily totals (some on different rows and lots of comparison stats) but they are all relative to each other for each week and I should be able to autofill all of the totals and comparisons in the SUMMARY results sheet on the one row.

I have tried creating the first 3 rows in SUMMARY manually and then using the auto-fill crosshair but it doesn't increment as per the pattern of jumping 8 rows but as per the position of only those 3 rows in the summary sheet.

Cheers,

Andrew

2 Replies
Assume you are entering the formula in the Summary sheet, cell A2, and your data is on the DATA sheet, in cells A1:A100, then:

=INDEX(DATA!A$1:A$100,ROWS(A$2:A2)*8)

and copy down. Change ROWS(A$2:A2) if the first cell on your summary sheet is different.

@JMB17 

Thanks JMB I was barking up the wrong tree.

Have the INDEX and ROWS all working a treat now :)

Greetings from

Tasmania, Australia