Converting a work sheet into a gantt chart.

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to pull information from a work sheet into a gantt chart (or convert a work sheet into a gantt chart), similar to creating a pivot chart from a work sheet?

3 Replies

@Sharon_Sagastume 

Present your data in a Gantt chart in Excel

A Gantt chart helps you schedule your project tasks and then helps you track your progress.

Need to show status for a simple project schedule with a Gantt chart? Though Excel doesn’t have a predefined Gantt chart type, you can create one using this free template: Gantt project planner template for Excel

Additional Links:

Simple Gantt Chart

Gantt project planner

Hope I was able to help you with this info.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE - Thank you. I may be looking for something that is not possible. I have a spreadsheet of tasks that I would like to convert into a gantt chart (without having to retype everything). Trying to understand if that is possible in Excel.

@Sharon_Sagastume 

If you mean ready-made templates, where you can insert your data ... there is no such thing, as far as I know.

Gantt tables can be created in Excel in various ways, such as with formulas or VBA code.

You have to create a Gantt table yourself or add additional software with different Gantt options (if you search in internet you find some).

Or you can do it as a commissioned work.

Here are some links with Gantt possibilities.

How to Make a Gantt Chart in Excel

Simple Gantt Chart

Thank you for your understanding and patience

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)