SOLVED

Converting a Json file and data into a Table

Copper Contributor

I'm trying to convert a Json file into a query and table. It seems that the process works fine until I get to the "record" column and find no "list" heading or means to select every record in the list for conversion. Is there something I'm missing. As you can see from the screenshots, there are three selection options. the one that seems to contain the sought after data is the "gallery record". After selecting it and the vertical column appears, there is no "list" heading or way to select all the records for conversion to a table. The "list' option shown contains nothing but the numeric "ID"...none of the associated data that I require. Any help would be a greatly appreciated

6 Replies
best response confirmed by PhotDude52 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhotDude52 

You may transform list into the table and after that expand records

image.png

@Sergei Baklan 

I must be slow. I'm at the screen as shown in your reply, but after turning it into a table, how do I see the actual record entries? I only see a "close and load" option

@PhotDude52 

After transforming to the table on column with records it shall be icon like this

image.png

with which you may expand records. 

@Sergei Baklan 

Thanks so much for the instructions. I fumbled around with a bit (based on a video from and older release), but was ultimately able to get there with you help. I'mn ot a complete novice with applications like this and I don't think it's the instinctive setup. Anyway...thanks!

@PhotDude52 Glad it helped

There is no such button which transforms json to table at once, if only very simple json file. You need to do transformations step by step, usually there are nested records and lists which we shall expand and transform.

Thanks again!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by PhotDude52 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@PhotDude52 

You may transform list into the table and after that expand records

image.png

View solution in original post