SOLVED

Convert week of the year into a date

Copper Contributor

Hy guys ! Could you help me in that issue,  i need convert the number of week of year in a date, being most exactly,  set up to friday from that week, example :

week number =  2  year =  2022

return   shoulld be :  07/01/2022  the friday from that week

i have tried some strategies but I was not successful, there is a formula for this?

11 Replies
best response confirmed by wellsmatos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wellsmatos 

Please check here Excel WEEKNUM function – convert week number to date and vice versa (ablebits.com)

It also depends on how do you count weeks - by ISO of from 1st Jan, etc.

Thank you Sergey!

@wellsmatos , glad to help

This just returns #NAME no matter what I do. I have tried using ; instead of , and removing the empty spaces.
I have year and week number and would like to have a simple date format e.g. 2022-08-15

What is the format exactly, as the linked formula just does not work? Thank you.

@outsourceit 

I could only repeat the formula from mentioned post, it works

image.png

=DATE(A2,1,-2)-WEEKDAY(DATE(A2,1,3))+B2*7

@Sergei Baklan 

Many thanks for your reply. The formula just does not work, reverts #NAME

Could it be with commas and semicolons?

I tried replacing commas with semicolons, but to no avail.
with commas: "are you not trying to write a formula?
with semicolongs: "#NAME"

I copy pasted your formula and made sure the cell references were correct. This is equally frustrating as excel no believing that I actually want to use the cell formatting I have just selected.

@outsourceit 

That could be since you use curve apostrophes " instead of normal one ", whatever. Could you please share if not the file when at least screenshot?

Or try to open attached file and check how the formula in C2 looks in your environment.

Again many thanks for your help. I only used the quotes to show what excel replied.
I copypasted the formula you had in the attachment and for some reason it worked, so thank you very much!
I have earlier encountered major issues about the US / EUR date formats, Excel interpreting dates, text and numbers wrong, and the comma/semicolon problems.

But this is now solved, thank you so much!

@outsourceit , you are welcome, great to know you sorted this out.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by wellsmatos (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@wellsmatos 

Please check here Excel WEEKNUM function – convert week number to date and vice versa (ablebits.com)

It also depends on how do you count weeks - by ISO of from 1st Jan, etc.

View solution in original post