Convert single column of data into spread out table format for a printed report

Copper Contributor

I have hunted everywhere for the answer to what I thought was a simple problem. I am trying to take a list of dates and rearranging them into a table so it can be better organized for printed reports. Ideally, it would be nice for Word to reference Excel, but I will just be happy if I can simply change the column into a table in Excel that I can copy and paste into Word. I tried highlighting all the cells in the table in Word and pasting the data from the column, but it just repeats the date across the entire row. 

Screenshot 2022-08-11 122127.png  

^  List of dates for example (they won't be everyday like this though)

Pasting into the cells gets me this   VScreenshot 2022-08-11 122000.png

This is how I want the list of dates to be arranged. 

Screenshot 2022-08-11 122057.png

I am going to be needing to do reports that have dates listed like this on a lot of info so that is why I am trying to figure out how to rearrange the info automatically so I don't have to retype everything every single time. I would appreciate any help!

6 Replies

@Aachisuto 

Try this:

=INDEX(A1:A28,SEQUENCE(4,7,1,1))

@Patrick2788 

It did.. something? Lol. I think it corresponds to the dates somehow. I used the actual data from my report this time so it starts 4/1/22 then goes 4/4/22 and on.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 2.44.37 PM.png

Looks good. Format the cells as dates and you're set.
Aah I see. The formatting already on those cells wasn't recognizing the numbers as dates. Thanks!

Last question. In the formula you gave, i get that 4 means rows and 7 means columns but what do the 1's mean?