SOLVED

Convert page/cell reference to Text

Copper Contributor

Hi Everyone!

My first time here, and I searched and cannot locate an answer to my question.

I am working with a multiple page spreadsheet that has references to previous pages.  

Example the last Spreadsheet contains many cells with the reference to the previous spreadsheet (=January!K16). Not all references are to the same cell.

How can I change the reference to the Value in JanuaryK16?  

3 Replies

@ArthurJohnston The title of your posting suggests you want to copy and paste values. This will remove the formula like =January!K16 and keep whatever the result of the formula was. 

Riny_van_Eekelen_0-1658546147848.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Thank you, my issue does not relate to pasting Values.

The spreadsheet is part of a Book of many Pages, where the cells in subsequent Pages are populated from the information from the previous Page. 

The last Page of the Book contains Cells that are filled with references to previous Pages,

(ie: "=January!K16").

My task is to convert the references in the last Page to Values.    I am searching for a method that would convert of the Cells on the Page, rather than copying and pasting the Value of one Cell.

best response confirmed by ArthurJohnston (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Found the solution!

I selected the page and followed the instructions from #2 on.  Worked like perfectly.

1. Select the cells for which you want to convert formulas to values.
  2. Bring your mouse cursor over the outline of the selected cells. (You will see an icon of four arrows pointing in the four directions).
  3. Press the RIGHT button of your mouse. 
  4. Click on Copy Here as Values only.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ArthurJohnston (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

Found the solution!

I selected the page and followed the instructions from #2 on.  Worked like perfectly.

1. Select the cells for which you want to convert formulas to values.
  2. Bring your mouse cursor over the outline of the selected cells. (You will see an icon of four arrows pointing in the four directions).
  3. Press the RIGHT button of your mouse. 
  4. Click on Copy Here as Values only.

View solution in original post