Convert Column Of URLs To Hyperlinks

Copper Contributor

Anyone aware of a function/formula to convert a column of URLs to hyperlinks in one move? MY column contains 813 URLs.

8 Replies

@SpikeK 

Perhaps not in one go, but you can us the HYPERLINK function. Enter it in the first cell and copy it down.

Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 18.02.56.png

Thank you, @Riny_van_Eekelen. To clarify, are saying the "drag" function could work, even if each cell contains a unique URL?

@SpikeK Jus try. Perhaps I don't know what you mean.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, this was a no-go. No indication of "one-shot hyperlinking" capabilities/formulas in official Excel documents. Appreciate it.

@SpikeK 

You may have to upload a sample workbook to show how HYPERLINK is not working for you.

@Riny_van_Eekelen 's solution is the best approach.  The fill handle has to be used because spilling hyperlinks will invalidate the links.

Sure thing, @Patrick2788. The Hyperlink function works if performed one cell at a time.

What I'm hoping to do is convert a column of 812 URLs to hyperlinks in one move (formula, etc.).

Here's a small sample of that data. "Friendly Names" are in Column A; 812 URLs are in Column B:

Excel Snip copy.jpg

You could table your range and then use HYPERLINK. The formula will fill on its own to the bottom of the table.
That was my initial thought. However, I didn't find that option in MS guidance or other sites. Will give it a try. Thx.