Constructing Frequency Distribution Histogram as shown in my textbook

Copper Contributor

Dear Excel Community,

I hope you are doing well. I need help in constructing a histogram in the same theme (format) as shown in my textbook (attached image). Kindly, help me by providing steps if possible I will appreciate your help. Now for a whole week, I am struggled to do the same as the attached image.

Given data: 

mohdt21_0-1636307592572.png

Textbook Histogram:

mohdt21_1-1636307630381.png

mohdt21_2-1636307642034.png

I assure you that this is not a homework thing, I am a graduate and currently doing self-learning to improve my skills for future research. I hope I could find help in this resourceful community. 

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

MS Excel version: Profesional Plus 2016

6 Replies

@Herbert_Seidenberg Thank you for your reply. But still, I did not get the answer. My target is how I modify the histogram as shown in the textbook with the same themes.

Hi @mohdt21 

I attached a sample chart. Data refresh in chart automatically as you change your data selection.

You can check here for Microsoft Excel & Office 365.

And if you are comfortable with Google Sheets, you can find here.

Thanks

Qaiser_j_0-1636724301872.png

Hi @Qaiser_j,

Thank you for your help, you did a great job. However, I need the bars in the histogram to touch each other as instructed by my textbook. And if I did that there will be no space as shown in the image above on the onset of the first bar so how to overcome this!

I have also noticed that you used the class i.e., 30-39 for each bar label instead of using just number boundaries as in my textbooks.

I wish you would help me fix that.

@mohdt21 

You seem to be concerned about presentational detail.  I chose to use a column chart in preference to the statistical chart with bin labels.  Excel is not a graphic art package but it does offer a fair level of control through formatting.

image.png

Advise me which software will work the best with statistical alongside graphical art ?!

@mohdt21 

What I showed is simply Excel but with settings (colour etc) chosen to reflect your text book settings.