SOLVED

Conditional Hyperlink

Microsoft

I'm trying to use a function like "Cell=IF(Condition, HYPERLINK(Link, Text), "HyperLink is not available")".

I expect that the function would work like:

```

if(Condition):

Cell = HYPERLINK(Link, Text)                     //with hyperlink

else:

Cell = "HyperLink is not available"            //only contains the text, no hyperlink

```

However, when I apply it in Excel, the cell always contains a hyperlink even if the Condition is false. As the picture shows below.

cc5870557f06f8cb5bebea6932a4d55.png

Could anyone please help me to solve this: let the cell has no hyperlink if the condition is false.

Thank you!

4 Replies
Hello,

Kindly check the video link below for possible answer to your question

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-WezTrJZ7Dc

@Abiola1 

Hi, Thank you for your reply, but this video cannot solve the problem...

Ato42_0-1581540271723.png

As the picture shows above, even if the selected text has no text, it has a hyperlink (link to nothing).

And if I put a text, for example, "A", in the [value_if_false] field, the cell will have a hyperlink link to "A". As the following pic shows:

Ato42_1-1581540869898.png

However, from my understanding, if the Condition(U66="Yes" in this case) is False, the cell would contain the text "A" only and no hyperlink at all.

best response confirmed by Ato42 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Ato42 

To my knowledge HYPERLINK() adds link to entire cell even if it is a part of a formula or text. That's quite old question. I didn't google now, but I don't remember I've seen any workaround.

@Sergei Baklan 

Thank you! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ato42 (Microsoft)
Solution

@Ato42 

To my knowledge HYPERLINK() adds link to entire cell even if it is a part of a formula or text. That's quite old question. I didn't google now, but I don't remember I've seen any workaround.

View solution in original post