SOLVED

Conditional formatting

Iron Contributor

Hi

what is the fastest way to conditional formatting once time the cells of Sheet 2 Range (A1:N35) based on the corresponding cell value of sheet 3 Range (A1:N35) such that if the cell in sheet 3 (F26), for example, is equal to 50 then the conditional formatting of the cell (F26) in sheet 2 is filled with black color and text line is bold and white? can you explain the steps here in details?

7 Replies

@ajl_ahmed 

=AND(A1=Sheet2!A1,A1=50)

Does this rule for conditional formatting return your expected result?

cf.JPG

@ajl_ahmed 

It could be like

image.png

Does this formula format the cell in sheet 2 with respect to the value of the corresponding cell in sheet 3 if its value is equal to 50? to explain more;
- The cell M10 in sheet 3 is equal to 50 so I need the cell M10 in sheet 2 with black fill and white font.
- The cell L9 in sheet 3 is equal to nothing so Ino formatting is needed to do in cell L9 in sheet 2 .
Does this formula format the cell in sheet 2 with respect to the value of the corresponding cell in sheet 3 if its value is equal to 50? to explain more;
- The cell M10 in sheet 3 is equal to 50 so I need the cell M10 in sheet 2 with black fill and white font.
- The cell L9 in sheet 3 is equal to nothing so Ino formatting is needed to do in cell L9 in sheet 2 .
best response confirmed by ajl_ahmed (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@ajl_ahmed 

=AND(A1=Sheet3!A1,A1=50)

This rule for conditional formatting should do what you are looking for. In my first post i accidentally suggested a rule which formats sheet3 instead of sheet2.

cf sheet2.JPG 

Thanks

@ajl_ahmed 

Sorry, file attached to previous post was not saved with final changes. Just in case it is here.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ajl_ahmed (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@ajl_ahmed 

=AND(A1=Sheet3!A1,A1=50)

This rule for conditional formatting should do what you are looking for. In my first post i accidentally suggested a rule which formats sheet3 instead of sheet2.

cf sheet2.JPG 

View solution in original post