SOLVED

Conditional Formatting

Copper Contributor

Can you change the whole row colour based on the formatting of a particular cell?

Formatting cell colour is being changed, according to the status of that cell, but we need the whole row to change colour, rather than just the cell, is this possible?  

4 Replies
Select the entire area you want.
Go to Start in Excel
Styles
Conditional formatting
New rule
Use the formula to determine the cells to be formatted
Format values that is true for this formula:
Enter the following formula in the bar / input field below:
= $ A $ 2 = "B"
$ A $ 2 = is the cell and "B" is the column where conditional formatting is triggered.
How to set the condition for color marking.
But it would be an advantage if you could upload a file where you could better help from there ... Thousand words a picture :-).

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you, I have attached below a screenshot, you can see ‘Status’ is where the conditional formatting is set up, and this works great, however they would like the whole row ‘C-K’ to be formatted, to change colour as the status is changed, not just the cell ‘K’

Kind Regards

@NikolinoDE 

I am happy if it is good for you and you can work with it.
It makes just as much joy for someone who gives help and for someone who gets help ... think both are happy :) ... with a like and or correct answer I would be even happier :) ... even if I don't challenge my luck like that should :-).

Have a good day, with love, joy and health.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)
best response confirmed by SadieOakmont (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SadieOakmont 

To do so, select the range C11:K23 (as per your screenshot) and make a New Rule for conditional formatting using the formula given below and set the format as per your choice.

=$K11="Progress"

While the range is still selected, make similar rules for other status and set the different format as per the Status.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SadieOakmont (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SadieOakmont 

To do so, select the range C11:K23 (as per your screenshot) and make a New Rule for conditional formatting using the formula given below and set the format as per your choice.

=$K11="Progress"

While the range is still selected, make similar rules for other status and set the different format as per the Status.

View solution in original post