Conditional formatting with time using formulas

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I am trying to create conditional formatting that will highlight a cell if the cell is greater than a specific number of minutes from another time. 

The specific number of minutes is referenced in another cell, and I would like to be able to input different times into this cell. The other time that it's being compared to also has different values that can be changed. 

For example, in the picture below, I would like to apply conditional formatting so that cell D8 (Actual Monthly Average Arrival on Unit Time) turns red if it is greater than 15 minutes (reference to cell F3) past the expected arrival on unit time (cell C8); I would then like to carry this conditional formatting down the entire column so that it compares the actual monthly average arrival on unit time to the expected arrival on unit time with the measurement of the green zone # minutes. 

LisaShirley_0-1631276995254.png

1 Reply
You have posted on the Microsoft Learn community board which is all about exams, certification and training.
You might get a better response on the Excel community board https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/excel/bd-p/ExcelGeneral