SOLVED

conditional formatting to highlight number of cells based on count

Brass Contributor

hi,

I've attached my production plan file. i need to highlight cells based on shifts taking for the production. as a example if i have 100,000 pcs to produce and my capacity is 250,000 per shift. it means i need 4 shifts to production. i need to highlight 4 cells Based on days to be taken for production. please refer xlsx file

can anyone help to me?

4 Replies

@Ravindu94 See attached. Cells with blue text require input. All others calculate automatically. Note that I use real dates in the column headers, aligned to center across two cells (i.e. NOT merged). Start date includes a time element as well to help calculate the end date and time in F. The example only covers 4 days.

Rather than applying multiple conditional formatting formulae, I chose to test the condition in columns G:N, resulting in TRUE or FALSE (formatted white text on white background), thus invisible and then apply conditional formatting on the entire row area with one simple rule (TRUE = Green text and background).

Perhaps feasible in your situation. If so,I trust you can apply this method to your own schedule yourself.

@Riny_van_Eekelen  thank you very much for your respond . its really good. i have small trouble. if 1st production end at day shift how can i start same day night shift production 

best response confirmed by Ravindu94 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Ravindu94 Changed the formula a little bit. Forgot to add "+12/24" to the first part of teh Night-shift formulae. See attached

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Ravindu94 (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Ravindu94 Changed the formula a little bit. Forgot to add "+12/24" to the first part of teh Night-shift formulae. See attached

View solution in original post