Conditional Formatting Rules

Copper Contributor

Hi

I am trying to make two graded color scales work together for a set of data using the conditional formatting rules. One graded color scale is for values between 10 and 20, with the second graded scale for values 30-40.

My issue is that when the 10-20 graded scale is used first, everything 20 and above is the same color and the 30-40 scale is not applied. How can I use a graded color scale to only effect the cells that have a value within the range?

Thank you for your time!

2 Replies

@adamboscoucdenver  sounds like you want a full rainbow of color.  I don't believe that is possible (would love to hear someone correct me because that would be really interesting).  That said, I assume you are already using 3-Color Scale for each range, because otherwise you might get similar results by using that instead of 2 2-color ranges.  The 2 other options for you are then using a lot of custom formula based conditional formatting (ugh even thinking of that) or a custom VBA function that basically does a custom conditional formatting.

@adamboscoucdenver Perhaps the attached workbook holds an acceptable solution for you. It uses one 3-color scale for numbers from 10 to 40, after explicitly formatting numbers less than 10, between 20 and 30, and greater than 40 with "no fill".

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 09.14.17.png