Conditional formatting Data Bars

Copper Contributor

I would like to visualise my data using Conditional formatting data bars. From what I learn, we only able to do the bar from low to high. A high value will have the full bar while a low value will have the low bar. I would like to visualise the other around. How can I do this? 

SO if for example, I have a value from 1-5, currently 5 has the longest bar and 1 has the shortest bar, but I want it to be shown as "1" has the longest bar and "5" has the shortest bar? Is this possible?

3 Replies

@Sherly830 

Use conditional formatting to highlight information

Conditional formatting can help make patterns and trends in your data more apparent. To use it, you create rules that determine the format of cells based on their values, such as the following monthly temperature data with cell colors tied to cell values. 

In the Link you will find many exambles/ways.

If I may recommend, add a file (with no confidential information) and use that file to explain your plans. So you can get a solution that suits you.

I would be happy to know if I could help with this information.

Nikolino

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

@NikolinoDE 

Thank you for your quick answer. I understood that it is for identifying pattern. 

I attach a preview file that I would like to do. SO basically we asked organisation to prioritise category from 1-5 by showing 1 as high priorities and 5 as low priorities. 

Currently, as you see in the file or in the picture below the longest bar is number 5. I want it to be the other around. I want number 1 as the longest bar and number 5 as the shortest bar. 

Sherly830_0-1617176748698.png

Is it possible to do this? 

What I understood is to set conditional formatting data bars, the minimum value should be less than maximum value. 

Best,

Sherly

I don't know what you need this for and whether it could be done in other ways.
But with conditional formatting to reverse the percentage calculation, so that the 100% will basically be 1% and that the 100% will become 1%, I can not imagine how this should be done. Don't think that this is possible with conditional formatting.
Let there be someone else here knows another detour.

Thank you for your patience and time.

Nikolino
I know I don't know anything (Socrates)