Conditional Formatting - Automatic Notificatons

Copper Contributor

Hello all.

I currently have several registers to manage my test equipment calibration dates. At present we use a "traffic light" system based on date that the equipment needs to be calibrated and then set traffic light dates prior to this date to colour code it to alert that the item needs calibrated. Is there any way in excel that I can make this register email or send out notifications to me that dates are approaching for equipment that needs calibrated. Right now we have to manually filter each register by colour to identify what is due for calibration.

Hope that someone knows the answer or can suggest the use of a different application or method to manage this?

I have approx 500 items that I manually manage at present, sample of this register is attached here

Thanks

Dave

1 Reply

Dave,

You can write a small VBA macro in your Excel to do this.  

VBA coding is not very difficult to learn, there are plenty of tutorials and sample code  in the internet to do these kind of automations.  

You might want have a Daily script to check the inspection dates falling in next X number of days (or overdue) and send a consolidated email notification.