conditional copy excel

Copper Contributor

Good day, friends, I have a question, I receive data from the web, the data I receive is always in different order. I want to ask, can I copy by word? To explain through the example file, can I start from where it says "start" and copy the data in the D:J columns, copy until the place where it says "stop" (not taking the place that says "stop") and paste it from cell M? Let me also say that the data sequences are constantly changing, so the place that says Start or Stop is sometimes in F28, sometimes A48, sometimes A97, I need to do this dynamically, thanks in advance. (I can't run the find function, please can you do it without the find function?

4 Replies

@John_BloggsJohn_blk1405 

Can you share a screenshot of your data (without sensitive data) along with examples of possible expected result? Which version of Excel do you work with? FIND should be available from Excel 2007 and newer.

Hello @ John_BloggsJohn_blk1405
Yes, this is workable in VBA or not VBA. I am shooting from the hip here but this is what I will do:
A) Find the cell with START in it.
B) Get the row of that cell
C) Find the cell with END in it
D) Get the row of that cell.
E) Copy from Row Start to Row End - 1

If you would like a VBA code example post a snipit of the data and I'll try and help.

@OliverScheurich 

The find function works in excel, but after a certain time it gives a splwow64 error, this error is caused by this function, because I tried it.
I want to copy the data between the cells that write start and stop and paste it into cell N1. It will copy including the place that says start-stop and paste it into cell N1 but this process has to be dynamic because the data is constantly changing.I added a picture(the green area will be copied and pasted into the red area)

@GeorgieAnne 

The find function works in excel, but after a certain time it gives a splwow64 error, this error is caused by this function, because I tried it.
I want to copy the data between the cells that write start and stop and paste it into cell N1. It will copy including the place that says start-stop and paste it into cell N1 but this process has to be dynamic because the data is constantly changing.I added a picture(the green area will be copied and pasted into the red area)