I am trying to create a multi-stage schedule in excel (and I think it's too complex for my own good!)
I'll try and explain:
- There are 6 people
- Each day, 3 new tasks are introduced (i.e. a, b, and c)
- 2 people complete 1 of the 3 new tasks each day
- Every person completes their set task at a different time
- Each set of new tasks (which I have labelled as a list) is completed by a different person on the 3rd and 5th day after being introduced
- the first time a list is 'played' it is done int he morning
- the second time a list is repeated (i.e. day 3) it is done at noon
- the third time a list is repeated (ie day 5) it is done in the evening
- as a result, each person will complete a different task (a. b. and c.) every day, but from a different list. One task in the morning, noon, and evening. Each day, these times will vary slightly.
(if you want to confuse it more, there are actually 6 tasks, but have grouped into 3 tasks)
What I did (manual, no formulas):
- The persons are numbered 1 to 6
- Each day, the order of the person changes (Day 1: [1,2,3,4,5,6], Day 2: [6,1,2,3,4,5] Day 3: [5,6,1,2,3,4] etc)
- each task is represented by a form of color (ie task a is dark, task b is medium, task c is light)
and I've attached a sample file (incomplete) to describe the rest.
Is there any way to convert this into a template to become somewhat automated, or at least, formulated?
(in the most perfect form, It is a schedule to be repeated monthly, only on workdays. so would become a calendar but I'm pretty certain that would take hours of coding and an app to make complete!)
hope that makes some form of sense!