Compatible File Types Between PC and MAC

Copper Contributor

If someone with a MAC asks me to send them an Excel file in the CSV UTF-8 (Comma-delimited) (.csv), what is the closest equivalent on a PC? When I send a regular .csv, I am told that it's distorting some of the data.

5 Replies
As someone WITH a Mac, I would first want to determine why that other Mac person has asked for a CSV, given that Excel files as Excel files can go back and forth from "IBM"--if that's still what they're called--and Mac without problem. But that aside, you I'd think you need to find out what specific kinds of distortions are allegedly taking place when you do send CSV files...those too shouldn't be all that problematic.

@mathetes Thanks. The problem is when the normal PC version of a .csv file is uploaded to an APEX database. Apostrophes and quotes seem to cause formatting issues. The engineers recommended that I save it as a UTF-8 .csv file. This option seems to be available on Mac, but not on PC. So, I was hoping there was a similarPC file type that I could save it as that would do the trick with the special character formatting issue. Hope this helps. Thanks again.

Will there be an microsoft event livestream on october 5 2021 for windows 11 for windows pcs
Will there be an microsoft event live stream in october 5 2021 for windows 11 for windows pcs
Will Windows 11 come to xbox consoles soon and will they reveal release date in october 5 2021 for consoles