Compatibility issue in Power Query

Copper Contributor

I have prepared one Power Query on my office desktop and when I am using the same file on my laptop (both have office 2016) it is showing below error. Tried so much and researched a lot but unable to find solution. 

Error is, The Power Queries in this workbook might be incompatible with your current version of excel. These queries were authored with a newer version of Power Query and might not work in your current version.

5 Replies

@pankajbagora 

This message always appears if opened file was edit on newer version of Power Query. You may ignore it, but better to update PQ up to latest version.

@Sergei BaklanCan't ignore the error as query is not working due to version issue and not able to update the query version. Working on a licensed version still not a single support from Microsoft.

@pankajbagora 

1) "not working" is too abstract, perhaps some concrete step is not working. As variant, this summer to Table.AddIndex was added explicit 5th parameter (Int64.Type) which was not in previous versions. If so, you may safely remove it in formula bar. But that means you didn't update Excel for few months.

2) However, above is temporary solution, you need to have we latest Power Query. It can't be updated separately, entire Excel 2016 is to be updated. If you have same Excel 2016 build numbers you shall have the same Power Query versions.

As per technical team of my office both (laptop & desktop) office versions are same. They have uninstalled and installed multiple times.

@pankajbagora 

Could you please share build numbers for both, they are in File->Account like

image.png