Comparing Values in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I created a Microsoft Form that links the data in Power BI. I still plan on viewing some of the results in Excel by using the "Open in Excel" option on the Response page in my Form. What I am trying to do is, I want to compare the names of people who took my survey each month, and compare it to a master list of all the employees in our organization and have Excel like highlight the names of the people who are in my master list, but not in my survey results for that month. Or something along those lines, I'm just looking for an easy way to compare who took the survey that month against a list of everyone in our org.

Thank you!

1 Reply

@BrandonP2121 

That's easier to do with Power Query, especially if Excel file with Results connected to the Form and placed on Sharepoint.

From third file you may query Results and Master list, merge them to show only people who didn't pass the survey, and return result into Excel sheet.

With one more step you may use only connection for the resulting query and load with it data to data model returning resulting table not by query, but from data model. With that connect that file to Power BI workspace and schedule it refresh, thus entire process will be practically automated.