Combine Button Absent in Power Query

Copper Contributor
Hello experts.

I have a problem with my power query. When I try to combine files by folder, the resulting power query preview window does not include the "combine" button at the bottom. Now I don't know how to proceed for the steps I was taught requires me to click on the "combine and transform" button.

Please can anybody help neon how to fix this? I use Excel 2016, and this has been troubling me for days and days.

Please find attached a snapshot of the power query window that loads when I try to combine files in a single folder.
5 Replies

Hi @Orchestra2410,

No worries, just click the button pointing down, that will combine.

Snag_b29cc8e.png

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

Thanks Faraz Shaikh. But upon clicking this, I get a DataFormat.Error response.

I am attaching a snapshot below. How do I proceed?

Thank you for your help.

Hi @Orchestra2410 

Could you please attach the sample file removing the sensitive information & also the file with the error

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

Hello Faraz Shaikh,

Please find attached the files I am trying to combine. These files were in the same folder, so I was trying to combine them "By Folder". They are just fictitious data developed for my Excel class. Other people in my class were able to combine these, but I just cannot find the combine button in my own Excel. I don't know if it has anything to do with the installation process of my Excel...

I do not know what you mean by "the file with the error", so I really do not know what I am supposed to attach regarding that.

Thanks again for your kind assistance.

Hi @Orchestra2410

Thanks for the attachment, I check at my end there is no issue when I tried combining the fie.

"file with the error" I mean is the query file which you are trying to combine.