SOLVED

Collapsed Rows - Unable to Uncollapse

Copper Contributor

I feel like this is such a ridiculous issue to need help with.

I have a spreadsheet that has multiple non-consecutive collapsed rows.

I have tried unhiding all rows - they do not expand.

I have tried hiding all rows and then unhiding all rows - they still remain collapsed.

I have tired setting the row height to all rows - the collapsed rows do not adjust regardless of size submitted.

I have tried manually dragging the rows open. However, trying to catch them all is cumbersome as there are over 800 rows. Also, when I have manually opened rows, then applied a filter and then removed the filter - the rows collapse again.

There are no permission or locks on the file that I can identify.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening and what to do to keep all rows expanded?

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies

@PamMcStayJZAD 

Could you attach a small sample workbook demonstrating the problem (without sensitive data), or if that is not possible, make it available through OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or similar?

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
I was able to fix the problem by turning my filters off and back on. Go figure. Thank you for trying to help me out.

@PamMcStayJZAD , thanks for sharing

I had the same issue. When you look at the rows, you see the double lines just like the ones you see when a column is hidden. The number of the rows might look like 1,2,3,4 and then 5-30, for example are missing or collapsed or hidden or grouped and the row numbering resumes with 31, 32, 33, etc.

You can manually click the double line, hold, and drag it down to reveal row 5 - and repeat for 6-30. But that takes forever. Unhiding doesn't work if these items were not hidden. Selecting the whole work sheet > Sort & Filter from the Editing menu > deselecting the Filter option made everything visible. You'll have to reset all your individual sortings/filters.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
I was able to fix the problem by turning my filters off and back on. Go figure. Thank you for trying to help me out.

View solution in original post