Clustered stacked Column Chart in Power Query/Pivot Table

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I am currently creating an excel table to automatically analyze data from a shared mailbox. In theory I can display all data I want but I need several charts for it. Ideally, I would want to display all information in one chart though.

So what I currently have is the following:

RaMa87_0-1686061664786.png

The bars plot the Topic Count - i.e. in the Query I have a column which counts all mails within a conversation. So sth like this:

RaMa87_1-1686061806601.png

The blue bar now shows the "count" of this column while the grey bar shows the "sum" --> i.e. blue bar shows number of individual conversations and grey number of total mails within a conversation.

This is where it gets complicated: All mails in this mailbox are sorted in three different categories so the bars above are actually split into three sub parts.

So while I can create the same chart like above for each category I thought it would make sense to have a clustered stacked column chart in which you can see the bar like above but also the different categories.

When I do a clustered bar chart in Excel though it obviously just stacks both the sums +counts on top of each other and not as separate bars for each month:

RaMa87_2-1686062075617.png

So what I would be looking for is to have the first three parts of the graph as a second bar, i.e. a clustered stacked column chart:

RaMa87_3-1686062147075.png

It sounds rather easy but it's bothering me now for some hours. Is there any way I can easily implement this into the pivot chart or maybe in the query? 

I am specifically not looking into options to copy things around every time and rearrange tables etc. It has to be sth to just hit the "refresh data" button once a month. If there is no way to do that it's ok - I just wanted to ask the hove mind if there is sth I am missing.

Thanks so much and cheers

0 Replies