Childcare Service Waiting Lists in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying with little success to build a waiting list tool in Excel for a community childcare project. 

Basically, I am looking to have a sheet 'childlist' which can function as a wait list. The childs details would be entered, and a drop down box selected to show waiting. When we have a space, we can simply change this box to the relevant room that the child is to be assigned to. All fine so far!

However, when we change the drop down to BabyRoom for example, I want this to populate the childs name into another sheet, my room list for this baby room where I would enter further details about the booking. Is there any way I can do this easily whilst preserving any data which I would add in the BabyRoom sheet?

I attach a couple of screenshots which might help.

Many Thanks,

Bryan 

1 Reply

@Bryan_Rooney You can try this workbook by changing Room in column B of Tab Childlist, then click button "Update". Once you are comfortable with its logic, I can help you to modify the VBA code to match your actual workbook.

Disclaimer: My VBA is very rusty so the codes may not be as neat as it should be but it seems to work. VBA would be the most efficient to meet your requirements instead of Excel formulas.