Checkboxes not allowing me to select individually

Copper Contributor

So, I am creating a spreadsheet for work purposes and I have included two columns that require a checkbox in each cell. I have now added over 200 checkboxes to cover enough cells for the information required, but when I tested a box, one column is fine and allows me to check individual boxes, but the second column checks all of them once one has been selected and the words 'true' and 'false' appear in the cell behind the checkbox. 

How do I stop this!? been playing around with it for quite some time now and I haven't been successful as of yet! HELP!

1 Reply

@LHollands I wonder how you created the checkboxes in the first column. Did you create them one-by-one? And how did you create the ones in the second column?

I suspect, you created one box, linked it to a cell and then just copied it 200 times. Then all of these are linked to the same "result"-cell. TRUE means checked, FALSE means unchecked. (Un)check one and all get (un)checked at the same time. You need to go in to each and every box and allocate a single linked cell for every single box. Or, create them with a small macro. But that requires some knowledge of Visual Basic. Are you comfortable with that?