Charting Solver solution results

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I am running a solver solution to find the optimal conditions for a fixed set of historic data to help determine reliable conditions for future/live data.  I am currently stress testing my solver results as i want to avoid any curve fitting where possible.

I am wondering if there is a way to chart all of the possible results that solver calculates in the process of finding the optimised settings so that i can custom choose a setting that isn't necessarily the optimal for the historic data (curve fit) but a setting that may produce less volatility to the end result when feeding in future data.

A Chart similar to the one attached would be perfect where red shows an overall net negative outcome and green shows net overall positive outcome.  I wouldn't necessarily choose the setting highlighted (despite it being most positive) but rather a setting that is more central in the green area (as it will most likely less susceptible to volatility when inputting future data)

Thanks

Excel Newb

2 Replies

@Excel_Newb-27 

How many decision variables you have?

you can plot only X,Y and Z

so only two variables, you need to use a contour diagram, it would give you something similar.

if you have the file I can give it a look

best of luck

Hi Ramiz,

Thank you for your message, i actually figured out a way to solve the problem shortly after posting the query.  I created a table and used a What-If analysis to determine what would happen if the variables were set to the various iterations.

Thank you for your response