Chart Maps Missing Country

Copper Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone experienced and have a solution for a country not showing in the Chart render?

In my specific case mainland Spain is missing. The Balearic islands are showing, meaning that it does recognize the Country Data Type 'Spain' as a valid entry, yet...

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

6 Replies

@ANBOXLB 

Spain is recognizable

image.png

What's wrong in your concrete case it's hard to say based on part of screenshot without seeing a file. Map charts is quite sensitive to column names, works better with tables rather than ranges, doesn't like if you have different structuring levels in one column (e.g. country and controlled territory) - try to play in this direction.

@Sergei Baklan I, too, am having a problem displaying Spain.  I've attached my spreadsheet to show you the challenge.  

@pwbrundage 

It recognizes it, but only partly, see this small dot

image.png

Perhaps the other part is considered as Spain County in South Dakota since you are working with world map.

If help to Excel and name columns as

saying we are working with countries, more of Kingdom of Spain will appear

image.png

Please check in attached file.

@Sergei Baklan thank you for your responses. Indeed the map does respond to the name and highlighting the Balearic as well as Tenerife and other islands in the Atlantic, but it refuses to show the mainland.

I do have headers,

tried with and without geography data type

tried with and without table formatting

tried with just Spain

tried different naming and languages

Eventually gave up and moved the data to PowerBI.

@ANBOXLB 

I see, but that's hard to discuss without the file. Map Charts is quite specific and sensitive to details, sometimes it's enough to change the order of records. Sometimes nothing helps, but quite seldom.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you so much for helping me with that.