Chart for blood glucose tracking

Copper Contributor

I have a spreadsheet for tracking readings by date.  I've created a scatter chart in a separate sheet that I'm happy with.  I would like to be able to select Last Year, Year to Date, and Last 30 Days from a menu to limit the chart view.  All the instructions that seem pertinent create a chart from scratch.  How can I apply a select menu of this type to an existing chart?

1 Reply

@EaztWezt 

Two possibilities occur to me. It sounds, first of all, as if you have a basic database that includes dates and readings.

So one way to accomplish this is to have a Pivot Table that summarizes your data, and use year (etc.) as a filter to vary the data summarized in the Pivot Table. The chart could be derived from the Pivot Table and would automatically adapt to the filtered view chosen.

A second way would be to use the very recently released FILTER function to extract whatever limited view you want to a new but dynamic table and use that intermediate table, the result of the FILTER function, as the basis for your chart.

If you were to post a copy of the spreadsheet, I or somebody else could demonstrate that for you. If the data are all confidential, create a dummy copy with false data.....