Changing the year on a General Ledger with budget comparsion template

Copper Contributor

Hi,

My question- is it possible to change the year on the General Ledger with budget template?  The template is perfect except that our fiscal year (7/1-6/30) is different than the calendar year.

3 Replies

@AmyJacob727 

Anything is possible in the world of Excel :).

In order to offer you a proposed solution, more information is needed in advance.

Excel version, operating system, storage medium (hard drive, OneDrive, Sharepoint, etc.).

Insert the file (without sensitive data) and, on the basis of this file, describe your project step by step.

Or you can insert photos with a description of where-what-how the formula cell should be changed.

Drag and drop here or browse files to attach
Maximum size: 71 MB • Maximum attachments allowed: 5

Thank you for your understanding and patience

NikolinoDE

I know I don't know anything (Socrates)

Thank you! I am using Microsoft Subscription Product-Microsoft 365 Apps for business, Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2111), One Drive. The General ledger with budget comparsion1 template works well for what we need except our fiscal year is not the calendar year. I am wondering how I can change this to reflect our fiscal year.

@AmyJacob727 Yet another example of a totally useless template. Full with not so clever hidden "features" and ridiculously complicated formulae that are near to impossible to maintain/alter. If you look on the Monthly tab and move the slicer that is above rows 3 and 4 out of the way and set the text color to black, you can see what's underneath. Complete madness. And the formulae in the table below violate all the rules when working with structured references. I changed all of it to make this template work.

Change "2021" in G2 on the YTD tab to "2022" and everything should shift by one year.

See attached and see if it works for you.