Changing Data Source Struggles

Copper Contributor

I posted before about my pivot table resetting after having changed the data source to add more rows into the pivot table. 

What actually seems to be happening is that the pivot table creates a 2nd range of data rather than replacing the original. Would anyone know why this is happening? how can i get it to replace the original range with the new data source? 

Thank you,

Chris

2 Replies

@cjkim92 

I recommend tabling the source data then pivot the table.  This will eliminate the need to update the pivot source when new rows are added.  Simply refresh the pivot table.

As for creating the 2nd range of data, without seeing the workbook, it looks like you've used the show-data feature of the pivot table.   Did you double click a value in the pivot?

I'll try tabling the source data.

the 2nd range gets created once I change the source data. What happens is i will change the source data to the new range of cells i need. once i click "ok" it will reset the pivot table, wipe out everything as if I just created a new pivot table, and when i go into the fields i now see 2 ranges to choose from.