Copilot for Microsoft 365 Tech Accelerator
Feb 28 2024 07:00 AM - Feb 29 2024 10:30 AM (PST)
Microsoft Tech Community
SOLVED

Changing cell references to the next row

Copper Contributor

This spreadsheet shows monthly invoices for different projects which are referenced on multiple sheets. Is there a quicker way for me to change every cell highlighted here to the next row? I started to change some already, but I need to do this for each month of the year. The next batch will need to by C11, help!

Ex Cell ref Picture1.png

2 Replies
best response confirmed by SarahILE (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SarahILE Start by selecting the range of cells you want to change, where the row number being referenced in each formula is the same (ie: all formulas referencing $C$9, $D$9, $E$9 & $J$9). Then, on the ribbon, go to Home > Find & Select > Replace and complete the following:

• Find what: $9
  • Replace with: $10
  • Click Replace All

@djclementsit worked! thank you so much. I knew there would be a quicker way, I just changed 68 cells at once! you've saved me lots of time and I'm sure some potential errors!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SarahILE (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@SarahILE Start by selecting the range of cells you want to change, where the row number being referenced in each formula is the same (ie: all formulas referencing $C$9, $D$9, $E$9 & $J$9). Then, on the ribbon, go to Home > Find & Select > Replace and complete the following:

• Find what: $9
  • Replace with: $10
  • Click Replace All

View solution in original post