Change letter and numbers

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have about 22000 lines with SKU product numbers from the manufacturer. I want to sell their products with my own SKU numbers, but I want my SKU numbers to be based on their SKU number. How can I do this?
Exemple 

My SKU Manufacturer SKU
TC6Q03T=E C=V 6=1 Q=a 0=0 3=5 EV1A05
TC6Q06T=E C=V 6=1 Q=a 0=0  6=1EV1A01
TU6Q04 EG1A03
VS6Q08 WL1A02
RS401 DL307
LI6Q02 SH1A04
8 Replies

@nekbv If you are on a recent version of Excel that supports both TEXTJOIN and SEQUENCE, the attached workbook contains a working example.

@nekbv 

As variant that could be done by Power Query - split Manufacturer SKU texts to lists, expand to rows, merge with mapping table, combine back to texts

image.png

Query is in attached.

@Sergei Baklan I believe something goes wrong in the "Expanded CharMap1" step and subsequent grouping (Text.Combine). I seems to throw the order of characters around. For example, "TQC603" should be "TC6Q03".

@Riny_van_Eekelen 

You are right, thank you. Forgot to fix table in memory before expanding. Here is by adding the index, Table.Buffer() will work as well.

image.png

@Riny_van_Eekelen At home I use Microsoft Office 2010, but at work (where I need this xls) we use Libre last version. This is what I see when I use Libre.
 My SKU           Manufacturer SKU                    mfgcode     mycode
                          EV1A05                    #NAME?        A                   Z
                          EV1A01                    #NAME?        B                   Y
                          EG1A03                    #NAME?       C                    X
                          WL1A02                   #NAME?       D                   W
                          DL307                       #NAME?       E                    V
                          SH1A04                    #NAME?       F                    U
                                                                                  G                    T
                                                                                  H                    D
                                                                                   I                     R
                                                                                   J                    Q
                                                                                   K                    P
                                                                                   L                    O
                                                                                   M                   N
                                                                                   N                   M
                                                                                   O                    L
                                                                                   P                     K
                                                                                   Q                     J
                                                                                   R                      I
                                                                                   S                     H
                                                                                   T                     G
                                                                                   U                     F
                                                                                   V                     E
                                                                                   W                    D
                                                                                   X                     C
                                                                                   Y                     B
                                                                                   Z                     A
                                                                                   0                     9
                                                                                   1                     8
                                                                                   2                     7
                                                                                   3                     6
                                                                                   4                     5
                                                                                   5                     4
                                                                                   6                     3
                                                                                   7                     2
                                                                                   8                     1
                                                                                   9                     0

@nekbv 

I don't think Libre has TEXTJOIN() and SEQUENCE(). It's better to ask Libre community how to solve the task.

@Sergei Baklan Expression.Error: 5 arguments were passed to function which expects between 2 and 4.
Details:
Pattern=
Arguments=List

@nekbv 

Fifth explicit argument defining the data type was added to Table.AddIndexColumn() recently, somewhere mid summer. On older versions of Power Query you shall delete it, but I'd recommend to update Power Query instead, otherwise you'll have compatibility issues in future.