SOLVED

Change charts dynamically in excel

Copper Contributor
Hello
I've a question about making charts in excel.
I want to make a personal finance dashboard. Is it possible to make a drop down list and change the chart type by that?
For example, the first option on list is the income sources and I want to show it by a pie chart, but the second option on list is the amount of expenses per month and I want to show it by a bar chart.
If there is any other way to make something like this, please let me know.
7 Replies
best response confirmed by matteen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hallo @matteen ,

du kannst hergehen und die Tabelle, die du als Basis für das Diagramm nutzt, dynamisch gestalten. Bspw. gehst du her und verwendest die INDEX Formel um etwas darzustellen. Durch das Verändern des Dropdown wird nun deine Tabelle, auf die das Diagramm referenziert, angepasst und damit auch das Diagramm selbst. Ich hoffe, das hilft dir ein bisschen weiter. 

Hi
I didn't understand what you mean.
Could you please tell me more details?

ok @matteen sorry.

I've put an example Excel to this reply. Please find in Table1 Cell K5 the drop down and the chart will change automatically. I hope, this will help you a bit. 

Regards  

Thank you @schwrzt, but I knew this before,
I think I could not make myself clear.
Assume that in the file above, when you click on Monday, you see a pie chart, but when you pick Wednesday, you want to see a BAR CHART , that's the difference , now how do you make it?
Regards
Best answer
It worked:)))))))
Thank you

@matteen , you are welcome

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by matteen (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hallo @matteen ,

du kannst hergehen und die Tabelle, die du als Basis für das Diagramm nutzt, dynamisch gestalten. Bspw. gehst du her und verwendest die INDEX Formel um etwas darzustellen. Durch das Verändern des Dropdown wird nun deine Tabelle, auf die das Diagramm referenziert, angepasst und damit auch das Diagramm selbst. Ich hoffe, das hilft dir ein bisschen weiter. 

View solution in original post