Cell Styles

Copper Contributor

I am new to Excel! I have the latest version of Excel and am taking a class. In one of the assignments I am needing to click on "Cell Styles." My screen, however, does not have that option to click on. Is there another way to get to "cell styles" or is it because I have the newest version that it is not available?

5 Replies

@lili_21 

On a Mac myself (with latest Office365). I guess that this works similar if you are on a PC.

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 08.04.48.png

Hello,

Cell styles is in the Styles group of the Home tab ribbon.

@lili_21 

Depends on your screen size you could see the icon itself

image.png

or set of icons with styles

image.png

This problem does not appear to be linked to screen size. I have a 4k, 32 inch configured for 2560x1440 and the ribbon has plenty of unused space. I have tested by adding a custom tab with the cell style button and that displays. In preferences, Styles contains (Conditional Formatting, Format as Table and Cell Styles), but only Conditional Formatting and Format as Table are displayed. There is no 'arrow' that would allow for shifting the group to show the missing Cell Styles button. 

Are there any other suggestions that I can try to resolve this problem, I would prefer to have the ribbon function as designed and intended without adding a custom tab. Thanks

@swrathe 

For these two years from the initial question we have new ribbon. To my knowledge Cell Styles is not expandable any more depends on window size.