CANNOT SEE THE COLUMN IS IN WHICH ORDER

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am working with very big data by using VLOOKUP. While I am choosing the table array, I need to the small notification on the attached photo which I was able to before:....x5C, therefore I was writing 5:0 on the VLOOKUP formula. But now I cannot count everytime the last column that I marked is in which order like A B C ... X Y Z. How can I make it this notification appear again?

5 Replies

Hi @tdonmez17,

Sorry, I was not able to catch up with your query, could you please attached a sample file with the annotating your issue 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

I don't know how to fix the row/column counter, but another option could be to use the columns function in the formula instead of counting the columns yourself. For example,

=VLOOKUP(G1,A1:E10,COLUMNS(A1:C1),FALSE)

Hi @JMB17 

could you share sample data, what I can see your are trying to get the column number from the header value. this might be helpful for you.

Make VLOOKUP Column Index Dynamic (Mac & Windows) - https://youtu.be/W8g5jhYV-8M

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget mark as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

Thanks, but I think you're replying to the wrong person.
Oops :speak_no_evil_monkey:, sorry to tag you @JMB17