Cannot be answered or removed

Copper Contributor

I have an Excel spreadsheet that I created with imported data (Data>From Text>Selected .txt File). Removed the external connection to the .txt file by deleting it using the Name Manager. Added headers and tried to format as a table (Home>Format as Table>Table Style Medium 20). Excel opens the "Format as table" wizard and automatically puts the dashed lines around all the headers and data. I checked the "My table has headers" box. Then I hit OK. 

Nothing happens. The Format as table box stays, the data stays with the dashed lines, but I do not get a table. I don't get the spinner, only my data with a dashed line around it and a Format as table box asking OK or Canclel.

Excel has formatted tables for me under these conditions before so I don't understand why this is not working.  I am using MS Office Professional Plus 2016.

5 Replies
What if you do not remove the connection first, but convert to table directly and click Yes to accept the removal of the connection?
Still does not work.
Can you please upload just the sheet with the table? You can clear all rows of data but only leave the header row in place before uploading, I do not need any data but the header.
How can I remove this question as it seems no one has had this experience before? My employer does not permit posting of any spreadsheets no matter how much has been "removed."
I don't see much reason to delete the question, it does not appear any sensitive information has been shared?