Can you copy an entire sheet into another existing sheet?

Copper Contributor

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to copy an entire sheet/project into an existing sheet/project. This has to be done while every formula on the second project doesn't break or end up not working.

Also, I know this can be done by coping everything up to the first cell, but I want it to be copied underneath everything that is already on the first sheet. In addition, I want to know if there is a shortcut to copying every single sheet, and put everything into one sheet. Look at the picture below:

Kekob_0-1675372244622.png

For instance, put number "2", "3" and every sheet after that, into "opgave 1" at the bottom, without losing formulas...

FOR MAC!

Thanks!

3 Replies

@Kekob 

A lot (85 and counting) of people have looked at your question. Nobody has replied. When that happens it's usually because the question or the request isn't clear enough, or complete enough, for any of us to give a reasonable response. I think that's the case here.

It IS clear that you want to copy the contents of sheets 2 -3-4 to sheet 1. What's not clear--and might matter to a significant extent--is WHY you want to do this in the first place. You yourself make the point that you want everything in each of the copied sections to continue to work. And that is a good thing to worry about.

There was a reason, presumably, for creating the workbook with separate tabs before; has that changed somehow? If so, how?

Are you expecting the various sections to continue "to work" independently? Or are you doing this so as to produce a printed output of the collection? What is the bigger picture here (what's the whole workbook about in the first place?)?

Hello. Thanks for your concern.

It has changed from previously. Previously, I had multiple Excel documents, consisting of 1 task. Then, I found a setting where I could interwine multiple documents, into 1 document which resulted in the screenshot. This made it easier for me, personally, to navigate within my files instead of have several different Excel documents open at the same time.

Now, however, I would like to put everything into just one sheet, but I tend to get an error message saying I only can paste in the first row and cell. Even if I do that, the formulas are often broken, also if copy-pasted to the bottom of sheet 1.

Thus, why I would like that, is because I have many sheets (even more than what the screenshots shows) and I want to use the search function in Excel to search for “xx” so it will be easier to find all the different hits, instead of “wasting time” by navigating to the next sheet, then search for hits, then next sheet and search for a hit, etc.

It is meant to reduce my time during an “accounting” Exam to search (command F) for “x” information in 1 tab, so clicking on different documents/sheets, etc. wont be necessary.

When copied correctly over to sheet 1, the remaining sheets will be deleted since everything will be in 1 large document.

I hope this makes sense.

@Kekob 

Thus, why I would like that, is because I have many sheets (even more than what the screenshots shows) and I want to use the search function in Excel to search for “xx” so it will be easier to find all the different hits, instead of “wasting time” by navigating to the next sheet, then search for hits, then next sheet and search for a hit, etc.

I'm on a Mac as well. And the Find dialog box gives you the option of searching through the entire workbook for that elusive "xx"   Note the "Within" selection below. You can choose "Workbook" there and have a search through everything.

mathetes_0-1675561561530.png

So, given the problems you've experienced with broken formulas, etc., it seems to me that your reason offers insufficient benefits to outweigh the potential costs.