Can the Ribbon Tools Be Moved Around?

Copper Contributor

I only use Excel for one set of tasks. I'm on a laptop so my screen is not large. I have to extend the screen very far, to be able to see and use the functions like Insert/Delete, Search, and Sort, they are so far to the right. Meanwhile I have tools on the left I never use, like Formatting. I've been using Excel for almost two years for this one set of projects I do, and every day, I wish I could move the tools I use, all the way to the left, but have never figured out a way to do that. Maybe it's not even possible. Ha ha, I don't even like joining communities, but this is what it has come to. I'm a neophyte, talk to me like an Excel baby. Smiling. Thank you. Appreciate the help, or even just the knowledge that it's not possible to customize the Ribbon. 

2 Replies

@Bill_and_Christine 

Hello! You've posted your question in the Community Discussion space, which is intended for discussion around the Tech Community website itself, not product questions. I'm moving your question to the Excel space - please post Excel questions here in the future. 

@Bill_and_Christine 

Select Customise Ribbon in setting, here you may change position of the items/sections or remove them at all from the ribbon

image.png