Can't sign into Flow/Power Automate in Excel

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to help a colleague build a flow/power automate system in an excel sheet using the Flow automation add-in that is found in the Data Tab on the ribbon.   

First problem: in the desktop version of excel the Flow automation button appears on the data tab for the user, but when the user tries to sign in via the box that pops up nothing happens after their details have been correctly entered. 

Second problem: When the user opens excel online in their browser (Edge in this case) the flow automation button that should be appearing in the data tab is missing. Does anyone know of a way to make the flow button appear in excel online? 

DataFailure_0-1623409086073.png

(image is from my browser where the app is appearing as it should)

In the past when I have had trouble signing into PA in Excel desktop, I have opened up excel online, signed into flow there which has kicked PA in excel desktop to signing in as well. Since my colleague is missing the flow button on the excel online ribbon I'm stuck on how to help them further. This user does have access rights to PA and has no trouble signing in to to see their flows.

2 Replies

Hi @DataFailure,

First Problem: try activating power automate via the web, or just uninstall the add-in and install it again.

Second Problem: Go to Excel Online Add-in and remove the plugin in and add again. 

Regards, Faraz Shaikh | MCT, MIE, MOS Master, Excel Expert

If you find the above solution resolved your query don't forget to mark it as Official/Best Answer & like it to help the other members find it more.

This happened due to recent update of either your browser or windows. Please open the excel document in excel app (not web). This solved my problem.